Voices: How to Contribute
Make your voice heard: Have an idea for how to make downtown more bike friendly? Are you a burger aficionado and want to rank your favorites 1–10? Or, want to weigh in on why it's time to rethink public transportation? Great!
We’re publishing articles from you, on our platform, then pushing out to our rapidly growing audience. Learn about our readership here.
What we’re looking for:
- First person experiences about local life.
- Passion pieces. Write what you know. Are you an expert about a subject that relates to your city? Have a strong opinion about a controversial topic? Do you have a first-person story that needs to be told?
- Experiential articles. Do you have a unique job or see the city in a different way because you just moved here? Just what we’re looking for.
- Links + details to provide more context. This can include social media or in-person quotes from others.
- Photos - The more the more the better. (Video, too).
- 500 words or less. We’ll publish longer ones, but try to keep those word counts down.
- This isn’t a place for self promo or press releases. Send those to [email protected]. For questions about advertising, click here.
How to get started:
- Fill out the form below with your name, social handles (if available) and upload your text + photos. Be sure we have permission to use the photos + tell us how to credit them, if you didn’t take yourself.
- Our goal is to get back to you within five days. In the case that we don’t publish yours or we would like you to edit your submission at all, we’ll let you know.
- Questions or comments? Email [email protected] with the subject Voices.
The fine print:
- We reserve the right to make edits, such as shortening, grammar and punctuation, or clarification.
- Not everything that is published on our website will be featured in our daily newsletter or on social media. The more it fits in with our brand, the more likely we are to publish it.
- We are currently not offering compensation for Voices content. However, if you have a killer idea for an ongoing contributor series, pitch us and send in content links to our contact page. We’re constantly looking for great regular contributors.
- We will not own content you submit, however, we have the right to repost and re-publish with attribution.
- All the other fine print can be found here.