Five non-stop destinations from CHS for under $200
With the plethora of rain we have had as of late, a quick jaunt to a drier destination is seemingly on everyone’s mind.
Plus, with the upcoming school year starting up for most over the next two weeks– a last minute vacation to breathe a final breath into summer may be just what you need to trudge on through to the next holiday break. T-minus 21 days till Labor Day. 🙌
We’ve rounded up five direct flights (all under $200 roundtrip*) from our very own Charleston International Airport to cool cities craving a visit throughout August + September. We even researched where to eat + what to see when you’re there. 👍
So pack your bags, Charleston. It’s time to hit cruise control and explore a few other metros that may have charm– but could never stop us from coming back home.
Let’s check in to your flight…
- Experience Chicago on the cheap, with free activities + attractions.
- Tune-in to the jumpin’ jazz tunes at the Chicago Jazz Festival (runs through Sept. 2).
- Snap a #selfie at Cloud Gate (a.k.a. ‘The Bean’) in Millennium Park. 🤳
- Walk the Magnificent Mile– a premier commercial district with upscale shops, trendy restaurants, + posh hotels.
- Check out a light + water display at Buckingham Fountain. Pro tip: go at dusk for the best views. Shows start every hour on the hour, and last 20 minutes. The final display begins at 10:35 p.m. ⛲
- 29 things to do before you die, Miami edition– according to Thrillist.
- Take in the sun + the sand at the local beaches, including: South Beach, Surfside, Sunny Isles Beach, + more. 🏖
- Work your way through the 11 top shopping destinations (maybe save this excursion for your last day… to avoid spending all your dough on day one). 🛍
- Take part in the lively nightlife.
- Take in a game at Fenway Park. ⚾
- Stroll down the Freedom Trail to Paul Revere’s house.
- Climb aboard a swan boat ride.
- Visit Faneuil Hall Marketplace– a one-stop shopping + foodie destination. (includes over 40 pushcart eateries + 16 world class restaurants). Click here for a free “hall pass”– their discount program for participating retailers.
- Drive out to Cape Cod to taste test their kettle cooked potato chips. 😋
- Fun fact: Boston is home to the oldest public park in the country.
🇺🇸 Washington, D.C. | $107* roundtrip | Sept. 5-12 | book
- Try one– or more– of the 100+ free things to do in D.C., broken out by “theme.”
- Give Lincoln a wave. 👋
- Eat at one of this summer’s 38 essential restaurants in D.C., according to Eater.
- Here’s a list of the local monuments + memorials, along with their tour schedules.
- Visit Georgetown for the ultimate shopping experience. You can also stop by the “Exorcist” steps… if you dare… 😱
- 50 things you absolutely have to do in the city via Thrillist.
- Here’s a guide on how to get last minute Broadway tickets.
- Grab yourself a NY slice. 🍕
- Walk the High Line– which is what the Lowcountry Low Line is to be modeled after.
- Take the little ones to the Bronx Zoo. Experience ‘Passport to the World’ on the weekends. 🦁
- Head out to Coney Island– for roller coaster rides + fair food. Pro tip: go on Friday night for fireworks. 🎡🎆
✈*Flight prices subject to change
Each year, a personal goal of mine is to travel more. With the number of carriers and direct flight options continuing to multiply over at CHS, it’s easier– now more than ever– to pack your bags + book a trip to a city of interest.
What travel plans do you have for the rest of the year? What cities, states, or even countries are on your bucket list? Let me know in the comments below.
(Also, a personal request– if you have ever been to Nice, France, please send recommendations. My passport will be stamped next month).