We’re #yalltogetherSC today.
As you’ve probably seen over the past two months, we’ve been highlighting local + statewide nonprofits that are sharing inspiring + impactful messages on social media as part of TogetherSC’s new initiative, #yalltogetherSC.
#yalltogetherSC has been calling for social media posts by S.C. nonprofits + nonprofit supporters that work with each week’s theme, like Empower Y’all (get out and vote), Energize Y’all (numbers that move the needle) + last week’s theme, Encourage Y’all (get involved with a local nonprofit).
And it’s all been leading up to today: the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, known as Giving Tuesday.
#GivingTuesday is a day of giving recognized across the globe and fueled by social media. It follows the post-Thanksgiving “holidays” Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and serves as an official kickoff of the charitable season – when a lot of individuals and companies are doing their year-end giving.
In honor of Giving Tuesday, we’re highlighting 10 posts that we love by S.C. nonprofits from the #yalltogetherSC campaign thus far.
10 #yalltogetherSC posts that we love
1. The Therapy Place in Columbia made their voices heard on election week for “Empower Y’all” ⬇
2. Florence Little Theatre in Florence highlighted its volunteers, staff + board for “Embrace Y’all” ⬇
3. Dorchester Paws in Dorchester County shared that 1,700+ shelter animals found their furever homes this year for “Energize Y’all” ⬇
4. A guest of Ronald McDonald House in Columbia shared why she’s thankful with the House staff for “Energize Y’all” ⬇
5. Every Black Girl in Charleston shared how they’re empowering young women and why you should vote for “Empower Y’all” ⬇
6. Carolina Dance Collaborative in Greenville shared some impressive numbers of support and encouraged more locals to volunteer with them for “Encourage Y’all” ⬇
7. The COLAtoday team loved meeting the WREN staff in Columbia with 27 questions for “Embrace Y’all” ⬇
8. SC Future Minds in Florence put together “21 ways to treat a teacher” for “Entice Y’all” ⬇
9. New Horizons in Greenville shared this customer’s testimonial about the major effects the org has on her life for “Energize Y’all” ⬇
10. Our eyes “sweated” a little, too, when reading this client comment to MIRCI in Columbia for “Entice Y’all” ⬇
This week’s #yalltogetherSC challenge is “Envisioning #yalltogetherSC.”
What are you doing to celebrate Giving Tuesday? Donating, volunteering or participating in #DineOutDoGood? Something else?
Share that thing in a social media post this week with the hashtags #yalltogetherSC + #CHStoday. You could be featured in the #yalltogetherSC section of our newsletter next Wednesday.