If you always let the camera eat first at brunch, know all the best rooftop bars, and give a tourist directions to the Ravenel Bridge with your eyes closed, you might be the perfect Local Guide. 🤩
What’s a Local Guide?
Google’s global community of locals who write reviews, share photos, answer questions, add or edit places + check facts on Google Maps.
That just sounds like work — why would I do it?
- Your contributions help inform others, make it easier for them to find what they’re looking for, and you help support small businesses. Win, win, win.
- Earn points for contributions and get rewards when you reach new levels.
- Connect with other guides and learn even more about Charleston + the world.
Bonus: Once you reach level 4, you get a badge beside your name that lets others know you’re an expert.
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be an individual — you cannot represent a business, brand, or organization
- Have a valid Google account
- Be at least 18 years old
You can sign up to participate here.