We are not even one full month into 2019 and let me tell you– I am already ready for a vacation. Does anyone else feel like mercury never left retrograde?
Luckily, today is National Plan for Vacation Day in the United States. It’s a day which encourages the hard-working American to actually commit to taking their time off. According to the U.S. Travel Association, 53% of those individuals who planned for their vacation time took all of their vacation time. (That’s almost as great as 60% of the time, it working every time).
In 2017, S.C. ranked #23 in paid time off usage by state– with 38,028 PTO days earned and only 27,808 PTO days used (i.e. 10,221 days left untouched for a total of 26.9% unused PTO).
We’re here to help change that. From 31 non-stop flights to 26 cities out of Charleston International Airport, to guides to a weekend getaway, to how to plan the perfect staycation– 2019 is the year you submit your PTO requests and set your OOO replies.
For those looking to hit the skies or seas:
- Take advantage of the first transatlantic commercial route from the state– CHS to London
- Looking to stay domestic? Click here for 26 other cities to visit– including Austin, T.X.; Miami, F.L.; New York, N.Y.; + Nashville, T.N.
- Cruise out of the terminal on Carnival
- Set sail down the Intracoastal Waterway
For those looking to put the pedal to the metal:
- Check out the city which boasts our state capital
- Visit the 6AM City headquarters in Greenville
- Head north to Asheville, N.C.
For those who would rather not have to pack a bag:
- Plan the perfect 24 hours in CHS
- Cross off several of the ‘100 things to do in Charleston Before You Die’
- Island hop across the Lowcountry
Pro tip: visit CHS Locals for special offers at Charleston area hot spots– like Zero George or Wild Dunes