Now that summer has officially begun, you might be feeling a bit of the travel bug.
Within the last few months, new destinations across the country have begun service to + from Charleston International Airport. Let’s take a look at the latest offerings, route frequency, and service start dates from a few airlines.
✈️ Breeze Airways
- San Francisco, service began May 26 | 3x per week
- Syracuse, service began June 10 | 2x per week
- Fort Myers, service began June 11 | 2x per week
- Orlando, service beginning June 23 | Daily
- White Plains, NY, service beginning June 28 | Daily
- Las Vegas, nonstop service beginning August 5 | 3x per week
✈️ Avelo Airlines
- Tweed-New Haven, service began May 5 | 4x per week
- Orlando, service beginning June 30 | 3x per week
Bonus: Avelo Airlines is offering 50% off its nonstop flights between Charleston + New Haven through tomorrow for travel dates through November 9 using promo code HALFOFF.
✈️ Sun Country Airlines
- Minneapolis, service began April 7 | 2x per week
✈️ Southwest Airlines
- Austin, service began March 10 | Daily
The Transportation Security Administration recently shared this press release detailing that a record number of travelers are expected to be screened this summer at Charleston International Airport.
Between January 1 and May 31 of this year, more than 1.1 million passengers were screened by TSA departing from Charleston International — a 10% month-over-month increase from 2019.
As a result, the organization shared a few tips and tricks for travel, including 3-2-1 model, packing smart, and enrolling in TSA PreCheck. Prepare for travel using the blue button below.
Bon voyage, Charleston.