You’re loving all the new restaurants, meeting different people, and experiencing cool places. It’s all fun and games until you’re six months in and desperately need a haircut.
We’ve always got you covered when it comes to all the exciting biz + development happening around town, but today we want to crowdsource our network to help all these new folks get settled with their Charleston service providers.
• There are 23 different categories to choose from. You can enter your favorite spots around town for as many or as few of the categories as you want.
• Note: Make sure you’re choosing your absolute favorite option, because you can only nominate one person or business per category. (Sorry, we don’t make the rules here — the platform we use does.)
• For your first nomination, you will be asked to enter your first name and last initial and your email address. You’ll also be asked to verify you’re not a robot.
• After that, it’s all fair game. Simply enter the name of a great service provider in Charleston, and click “Nominate.” For example, Katie would say under Personal Care > Hair Salons + Barber Shops > Your Nomination — “Joanna at Gibson Hair and Makeup.” You can also just list the business name if you prefer.
• If you’d like, you can gush a little more about this person or biz in the “Why do you think they are the best?” section (but that’s not required). In this section, you could also mention what group your doctor is part of or the name of the gym your trainer works out of. You can include any links to Facebook, Instagram, or website pages that might be helpful too.
So, what are your trusted doggie groomers, optometrists, and personal trainers?
Weather ○ 54º | Scattered showers | 60% chance of rain ○ The NOAA is now considering extending the official hurricane season on the Atlantic seaboard from May 15-November 30. Currently, hurricane season begins on June 1; however, in recent years, there has been an increase in named storms prior to that date. 🌊 (WCBD)
Coronavirus ○ South Carolina hospitals are set to receive40,000+ FDA-approved, single-dose COVID-19 vaccines from Johnson & Johnson this week that will be distributed to hospitals in the coming days. (WCBD) ○ VisitSCDHEC’s website for full coronavirus data + stats, and here for daily positive COVID-19 cases + related deaths in South Carolina andaccelerateSC’s website for full coronavirus data + stats on South Carolina’s employment, business, economy, education, and more.
Development ○ Mayor Tecklenburg will join Charleston Habitat for Humanity for the groundbreaking of a new affordable home at 26 Reid St. today at 11:30 a.m. The public is welcome to view the event via livestream. 🏠
Health ○ Looking for a physician in the Nexton community? Dr. Joseph Nellis of Nexton Family Practice (5500 Front St., Ste. 240) is accepting new patients. Learn more. Ⓟ
TheBuy ○ Why are so many people switching to Harry’s? They recently released their sharpest blades ever, backed by 100 years of German blade manufacturing expertise and a 100% quality guarantee online. And yet, Harry’s kept the price exactly the same: $2 per blade for an 8-pack. Ⓟ
Once finished, the garden will include planter beds for growing fresh vegetables + pollinator plants, a compost bin, and an equipment shed.
The branch looks forward to bringing the community together in a safe + meaningful way after coronavirus restrictions are lifted. Stay updated on the garden’s progress through the Charleston County Public Library’s Instagram + Facebook pages. 🥒
#DYK that your photo could be featured in our newsletter? Just use #CHStoday on social media.
Disclaimer: It is up to readers’ discretion to determine whether they feel comfortable participating in any mentioned events based on COVID-19 protocols and precautions. If you have questions, please contact the event’s organizers directly.