All month long
○ Holiday Canned Food Drive | Sun., Nov. 1-Thurs., Dec. 31 | 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. | Magnolia Plantation & Gardens, 3550 Ashley River Rd. | Free | Donate a canned food item + receive free garden admission
○ “Chemistry of Alcohol” Beer Competition | Sun., Nov. 1-Tues., Nov. 24 | 11 a.m.-10 p.m. | Baker & Brewer, 94 Stuart St. | Price TBA | Stop by Baker and Brewer to sample different beers brewed by the students in the Chemistry of Alcohol class + then vote for your favorite.
○ Live Music Brunch Series | Sun., Nov. 1, 8, 15 | 12-3 p.m. | Indigo Reef Brewing Co., 2079 Wambaw Creek | Free with food or beverage purchase | Brunch paired with performances by a few of Charleston’s favorite musicians
○ Music Bingo | Tues., Nov. 3, 10, 17, 24 | 6:30 p.m. | Frothy Beard Brewing Co., 1401 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. | Free
○ Trivia Night | Tues., Nov. 3, 10, 17, 24 | 8 p.m. | Mex 1 Coastal Cantina (West Ashley), 817 St. Andrews Blvd. | Free
Sunday, November 1-Sunday, November 8
Sunday, Nov. 1
○ Dia De Los Muertos Parking Lot Party | Sun., Nov. 1 | 12-5 p.m. | Jalisco Taqueria & Tequila, 1271 Folly Rd. | Prices vary | Celebrate this Mexican holiday with a pig + goat roast, Patron party pouches and live music.
○ Protect Your Vote, Protect Your Rights | Sun., Nov. 1 | 5-6:30 p.m. | Virtual via ACLU of South Carolina | Free | Tune into this Facebook Live event for a conversation about voter + protester safety.
○ Runaway Gin: A Tribute to Phish | Sun., Nov. 1 | 6 + 9 p.m. | Charleston Pour House, 1977 Maybank Hwy. | $12 | The evening will be split into two shows; tickets are sold separately.
○ DJ Sparkbox & Clark on the Sax | Sun., Nov. 1 | 7-10:30 p.m. | Uptown Social CHS, 587 King St. | Free
Monday, Nov. 2
○ How To Make a Dio de los Muertos Pinata | Mon., Nov. 2 | 11 a.m. | Virtual via Charleston County Public Library, 68 Calhoun St. | Free | Help Mr. Toby, the Children’s Librarian, find everything he needs to build a pinata.
○ Legal Clinic with SC Bar | Mon., Nov. 2 | 5-6 p.m. | Virtual via Charleston County Public Library, 68 Calhoun St. | Free | A presentation on wills, estates + probate by a local attorney followed by a Q+A session
○ Jews and Race: A Conversation with Rabbi Jill Jacobs | Mon., Nov. 2 | 7-9 p.m. | Virtual via College of Charleston, 66 George St. | Free with registration | Learn how rabbis and cantors across the globe are advocating for human rights.
Tuesday, Nov. 3
○ VOTE | Tues., Nov. 3 | 7 a.m.-7 p.m. | Local polling places | Free | Fulfill your civic duty by using your voice to vote in this year’s Presidential Election.
○ Virtual Workshop for Ages 7-10: Pop Art | Tues., Nov. 3 | 10-11:30 a.m. | Virtual via The Gibbes Museum, 135 Meeting St. | $20-$25 | Your little one will learn all about Andy Warhol + pop art with teacher Fallon Peper before creating their own pieces.
○ Election Day Camp | Tues., Nov. 3 | Times vary | Kids Play Garden: 320 W. Coleman Blvd.,(Mount Pleasant) + 57 Windermere Blvd., (Charleston) | $65-$150 | Junior Explorers Day Camp for ages 5 + up to keep your children busy, active and occupied while school’s out on Election Day
Wednesday, Nov. 4
○ Turning Picky Eaters into Healthy Eaters | Wed., Nov. 4 | 12:30 p.m. | Virtual via SEE Alternatives Pediatrics, 3227 Walter Dr. | Free with registration | Certified pediatricians give advice to parents with picky eaters.
○ PAC Presents: Forty Mile Detour | Wed., Nov. 4 | 7 p.m. | Virtual via North Charleston Coliseum & Performing Arts Center, 5001 Coliseum Dr. | Free | Virtual concert live-streamed on the NCPAC Facebook page.
○ Iron Tribe Fundraiser for Neverthirst | Wed., Nov. 4 | 7 p.m. | Brewlab Charleston, 2200 Heriot St. | Free admission | Listen to live music, enter a raffle + help Brewlab and Iron Tribe raise money for non-profit Neverthirst.
Thursday, Nov. 5
○ SC Works Trident Job Fair | Thurs., Nov. 5 | 10 a.m.-1 p.m. | SC Works Trident, 1930 Hanahan Rd. | Free
○ 7th Anniversary Oyster Roast | Thurs., Nov. 5 | 6-10 p.m. | Bohemian Bull, 1531 Folly Rd., James Island | $12 per person or $200 per table | Come out, eat oysters, have a drink + listen to live music.
○ Native American Women Feeding the World | Thurs., Nov. 5 | 2-3:15 p.m. | Virtual via the Charleston Horticultural Society | $10-$15 | Learn about how Native American women impacted food supply in pre-Colonial times.
○ Annual Angel Tree Lighting | Thurs., Nov. 5 | 5:30 p.m. | Virtual via MUSC Children’s Health, 10 McClennan Banks Dr. | Free | Join MUSC Health + partner Salvation Army on Facebook Live for the annual lighting of its Angel Tree.
Friday, Nov. 6
○ Harvest Chop Party for the Hungry | Fri., Nov. 6 | 5:30-8:30 p.m. | South Carolina Society Hall, 72 Meeting St. | $15 | Help pay-what-you-can restaurant Destiny Community Cafe chop vegetables for the meals to be distributed this holiday season. Refreshments will be provided.
Saturday, Nov. 7
○ Burn, Booze & Boogie | Sat., Nov. 7 | 10 a.m.-midnight| Waterfront Park, 99 Harry M. Hallman Jr. Blvd., Mount Pleasant + Bay Street Biergarten, 549 E. Bay St. | $15+ | Help raise money for the Brown family after their severe car accident in Sept. An all-day party at Bay Street Biergarten will follow a morning workout at Mt. Pleasant’s Waterfront Park. All proceeds will go to the Brown family.
○ Blood Drive | Sat., Nov. 7 | 3-5:30 p.m. | Flight Fit N Fun, 8551 Rivers Ave. | Free with registration | Help save lives + receive a $20 VISA gift card, free antibodies test and 30 min. jump pass.
○ Arts Integration Professional Development: Art and Social Justice | Sat., Nov. 7 | 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Virtual via The Gibbes Museum, 135 Meeting St. | $10 | The first in a series of professional development sessions for teachers of grades K-12.
○ The Bible and the Rope | Sat., Nov. 7 | 1 p.m. | McLeod Plantation Historic Site, 325 Country Club Dr. | Free for first 50 attendees | Reading of poem “Red Summer of 1919” + presentation on how the Bible and rope have been used as tools of oppression against Black people
○ Pickin’ in the Park: Drive-In Bluegrass Concert | Sat., Nov. 7 | 1-4 p.m. | Johns Island County Park, 2662 Mullet Hall Rd. | $40 per vehicle | An afternoon of live music, food trucks + social-distanced fun
○ The Yacht Club on the Bud Light Seltzer Beach Stage | Sat., Nov. 7 | 5-9:30 p.m. | The Windjammer, 1008 Ocean Blvd., Isle of Palms | $10
○ North Charleston POPS! Brass Debut | Sat., Nov. 7 | 7:30 p.m. | North Charleston Coliseum & Performing Arts Center, 5001 Coliseum Dr. | $10 parking | Live music in the style of British brass bands
○ Brew at the Zoo | Sat., Nov. 7 | 5-9 p.m. | Brookgreen Gardens, 1931 Brookgreen Dr., Murrells Inlet | $20-$45 | Experience artist Bruce Munro’s “Field of Light” exhibit while sampling an array of craft beers + enjoying live music.
Sunday, Nov. 8
○ Fall Garden Tour 2020 | Sun., Nov. 8 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Wagener Terrace + Hampton Park, 30 Mary Murray Dr. | $35-$60 | Tour 10 gardens in the Charleston area + enjoy a lunch provided by Thurston Southern Catering.
○ Les Dames D’Escoffier Hospitality Yard Sale | Sun., Nov. 8 | 1-5 p.m. | Tattooed Moose, 3328 Maybank Hwy., Johns Island | Free | A yard sale for dining ware, kitchen tools, cookbooks + other food-related items
○ Charleston to Charleston: Tough Love by Susan Rice | Sun., Nov. 8 | 5-6 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Former National Security Advisor to President Obama + United States Ambassador to the United Nations will discuss her book Tough Love.
Monday, November 9-Sunday, November 15
Monday, Nov. 9
Tuesday, Nov. 10
○ Charleston to Charleston: Hamnet by Maggie O’Farrell | Tues., Nov. 10 | 5-6 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Attend author Maggie O’Farrell’s presentation on her book Hamnet.
Wednesday, Nov. 11
○ Marketing Minds: The Left Brain & Right Brain Collab | Wed., Nov. 11 | 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. | High Cotton, 199 E. Bay St. | $25-$35 | Sarah Frick + Carter Foxworth will discuss the difference between the left brain and right brain and how it affects day-to-day business.
○ Distinguished Lecture Series: Martin Margulies | Wed., Nov. 11 | 6 p.m. | Gaillard Center, 95 Calhoun St. | $10 (virtual) + $50 (in-person) | Martin Margulies, a top 200 art collector in the world, will present on the ins + outs of the art world.
○ Dine Out for Veterans Night | Wed., Nov. 11 | 5-9 p.m. | Fam’s Brewing Co., 1291 Folly Rd. | Prices vary | A portion of all pizza + beer sales will go towards veteran non-profit Warrior Surf Foundation.
Thursday, Nov. 12
○ What’s the Buzz: Charleston’s Bee Cause Project | Thurs., Nov. 12 | 6 p.m. | South Carolina Aquarium, 100 Aquarium Wharf | $10 | Learn about the importance of bees + watch as honey is harvested.
○ Fields + King: Official Launch Party | Thurs., Nov. 12 | 6-9 p.m. | Vintage Lounge, 545 King St. | Free | Help celebrate the launch of Fields + King Gift Boxes with appetizers, wine + giveaways.
○ Jewish FilmFest Presents “Past Life” | Thurs., Nov. 12 | 7 p.m. | Virtual | Free with registration | Stream the movie “Past Life” before watching a presentation by CofC Jewish Studies Professor Ezra Cappell.
Friday, Nov. 13
○ Sunset Craft Beer Tasting Cruise | Fri., Nov. 13 | 4 p.m. | Safe Harbor Charleston City, 17 Lockwood Dr. | $35 | Tickets include four tastings + one beer from the bar. Additional drinks available for purchase.
○ 2nd Annual Oyster Roast | Fri., Nov. 13 | 6-8:30 p.m. | The Green Barn at Carnes Crossroads, 2015 1st Ave., Summerville | $35
○ Cooking for a Cause | Fri., Nov. 13 | 6-8 p.m. | Virtual | $90-$170 | Join the Junior League of Charleston as they host Culinary Legend, Nathalie Dupree who will instruct participants on how to make a 3-course dinner for 2 showcasing signature recipes from Charleston Receipts. Ⓟ
Saturday, Nov. 14
○ CHS Hort Demo Event: Thanksgiving Floral Design | Sat., Nov. 14 | 10-11:30 a.m. | The Schoolhouse, 720 Magnolia Rd. | $25-$35 | Learn how to make a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table.
○ Friendsgiving Trivia Pub Crawl | Sat., Nov. 14 | 3-9 p.m. | Mynt, 135 Calhoun St. | $19.99+ | Hop from bar to bar playing trivia centered around hit 90s sitcom Friends.
○ A Merry Little Shop & Stroll | Sat., Nov. 14 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Citadel Mall, 2070 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. | Free with registration | Begin the holiday season with specials from retailers, festive music + fun activities.
○ Fall Pickers Hullabaloo Flea Market | Sat., Nov. 14 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | The French Eclectic Warehouse, 4244 Scott St., North Charleston | Prices vary
○ Return of the Mac Presents A Day at Magnolia | Sat., Nov. 14 | 12-3 p.m. | Magnolia Plantation and Gardens, 3550 Ashley River Rd. | Free with garden admission | A fun, outdoor event with great food + music.
Sunday, Nov. 15
○ America Recycles Day | Sun., Nov. 15 | 9 a.m.-5 p.m. | Charleston City Recreation, 823 Meeting St. | Free | Drop off hard-to-recycle items such as LED light bulbs, batteries + wine corks with Keep Charleston Beautiful.
Monday, November 16-Sunday, November 22
Monday, Nov. 16
Tuesday, Nov. 17
○ CLS Speaker Series: Wright Thompson with Julian Van Winkle III | Tues., Nov. 17 | 6-7 p.m. | Virtual | Free with registration | The Charleston Library Society + Buxton Books will host an online book club event discussing Thompson’s book “Pappyland: A Story of Family, Fine Bourbon, and the Things That Last.”
○ Lauren Hall & Edwin McCain: 2020 Sucks Livestream Show | Tues., Nov. 17 | 8 p.m. | Virtual | $10 | A portion of all ticket sales will go towards the Charleston Animal Society.
Wednesday, Nov. 18
○ N.E.N.O. Summit Part II | Wed., Nov. 18 | 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. | Citadel Mall, 2070 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. | $79+ | “An event merging a dynamic network of entrepreneurs, investors, corporations, non-profits, students and professionals.”
○ Schitts Creek Trivia | Wed., Nov. 18 | 7-9 p.m. | Bay Street Biergarten, 549 E. Bay St. | $10
○ Flourish Networking for Women | Wed., Nov. 18 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Dog and Duck Patio, 624 Long Point Rd., Mt. Pleasant | $15 | Come grow your business + support the growth of others’ businesses in a “non-competitive and non-aggressive atmosphere.”
Thursday, Nov. 19
○ “What’s On Tap” Happy Hour with Charleston Battery | Thurs., Nov. 19 | 5:30-7 p.m. | Tradesman Brewing Co., 1647 King St. Extension | $5 | Join Peter Boggeman, marketing director for the Charleston Battery, at Tradesman Brewing Co. to discuss PR matters + drink some beer.
Friday, Nov. 20
○ MarineMax Blood Drive & Toys For Tots | Fri., Nov. 20 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | MarineMax, 142 Sportsman Isl. Dr. | Free with registration | When you come to give blood, don’t forget to bring a toy to donate to the Salvation Army’s Toys For Tots campaign.
○ Wine Down for Windwood | Fri., Nov. 20 | 5:30 p.m. | Virtual | $30+ | Sommelier Patrick Emerson will be leading a virtual wine tasting + auction to support Windwood Farm Home for Children.
○ Friendsgiving Parents’ Night Out | Fri., Nov. 20 | 5:30-8:30 p.m. | The Little Gym of West Ashley, 1662 Savannah Hwy. | $35-$40 | Drop off your kids for some Friendsgiving fun; pizza provided.
○ Jon Reep | Fri., Nov. 20 | 8-10 p.m. | Charleston Music Hall, 37 John St. | $25 | Join the winner of the fifth season of NBC’s “Last Comic Standing” for his stand-up comedy show.
○ Stop Light Observations | Fri., Nov. 20 | 8-11 p.m. | Gaillard Center, 95 Calhoun St. | $10+ (online), $50+ (in-person) | Virtual + in-person concert tickets available.
Saturday, Nov. 21
○ Creative Arts Workshop: Watercolor Portraits | Sat., Nov. 21 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Park Circle Gallery, 4820 Jenkins Ave. | $20 | Hanahan High School art teacher, Quintin Chaplin, will guide attendees through the process of painting a watercolor portrait.
○ Packaged Thanksgiving Dinner Distribution | Sat., Nov. 21 | 1-4 p.m. | Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center, 109 Bee St. | Free with Military ID | The first 200 veterans that arrive will receive a free pre-packaged set of groceries for Thanksgiving Dinner.
○ The Homecoming: An Afro Market & Crab Crack | Sat., Nov. 21 | 1-5 p.m. | Murray Hill Community Center, 2674 Bonds Ave. | Free to attend, $25 for crab | Shop around from local vendors + partake in an all-you-can-eat crab meal.
○ Little Bird | Sat., Nov. 21 | 6 + 9 p.m. | Charleston Pour House, 1977 Maybank Hwy. | $15 | The evening will be split into two shows; tickets sold separately.
○ Lost Cosmonauts & Jared Petteys Live | Sat., Nov. 21 | 7:30-10:30 p.m. | Tin Roof, 1117 Magnolia Rd. | $7
○ Ms. Rose’s Comedy Hour | Sat., Nov. 21 | 8 p.m. | Ms. Rose’s Fine Food & Cocktails, 1090 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. | Free with reservation | A local comedian will be performing for dinner guests.
Sunday, Nov. 22
○ Biergarten Giving Day | Sun., Nov. 22 | 12-5 p.m. | Bay St. Biergarten, 549 E. Bay St. | Free admission | A canned food, winter coat + blood drive hosted by One80 Place and The Blood Connection
○ Charles Towne Flute Quartet Concert | Sun., Nov. 22 | 4 p.m. | Holy Spirit Evangelical Lutheran Church, 3075 Bees Ferry Rd. | Free | Due to limited in-person seating, the concert will be live-streamed.
○ Together We Heal: Survivors of Hate | Sun., Nov. 22 | 4-5 p.m. | Virtual | Free with registration | Hear from survivors of hate crimes as they describe their experiences + advocate for the Stamp Out Hate SC Coalition’s hate crime law.
○ Park West Fall Fest | Sun., Nov. 22 | 4-8 p.m. | Park West Recreation Complex, 1251 Park W. Blvd., Mt. Pleasant | Free admission | Play glow-in-the-dark putt putt, experience a virtual roller coaster + order snacks from a variety of food trucks.
Monday, November 23-Monday, November 30
Monday, Nov. 23
Tuesday, Nov. 24
○ Turkey & a $20(20) | Tues., Nov. 24 | 8 a.m.-4 p.m. | One80 Place, 35 Walnut St. | $20 donation | Help One80 Place in its collection of 300 $20 grocery store gift cards to help those experiencing homelessness.
Wednesday, Nov. 25
Thursday, Nov. 26
○ Thanksgiving Day at Middleton Place | Thurs., Nov. 26 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Middleton Place Restaurant, 4300 Ashley River Rd. | $35 (child), $70 (adult) | Seats available by reservation only. Guests are encouraged to tour the gardens before or after their meals.
○ 4th Annual Thanksgiving Community Lunch | Thurs., Nov. 26 | 12-3 p.m. | Taste of the Islands, 2578 Ashley River Rd. | Free
○ Revival Thanksgiving | Thurs., Nov. 26 | 12-8 p.m. | Revival, 162 E. Bay St. | $25 (child), $75 (adult) | Three-course, dine-in meal available by reservation only
○ Thanksgiving Supper at The Dewberry | Thurs., Nov. 26 | 1-8 p.m. | The Dewberry, 334 Meeting St. | $45 (child), $75 (adult) | Reservations required.
Friday, Nov. 27
○ 100 Cups of Coffee Port Can Release | Fri., Nov. 27 | 11:30 a.m.-10 p.m. | Frothy Beard Brewing Co., 1401 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. | Free admission | Celebrate the release of Frothy Beard’s newest canned beverage + preview new artwork by Chris Miller.
○ Kiawah River Home for the Holidays Tour of Homes | Fri., Nov. 27 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | 3883 Betsy Kerrison Parkway, Johns Island | Free, RSVP | Explore a variety of homes and lots as you make your way through festive avenues lined with holiday cheer + enjoy live music, food trucks and a bloody mary and mimosa bar. Ⓟ
Saturday, Nov. 28
○ Return of the Mac Presents A Day at Magnolia | Sat., Nov. 28 | 12-3 p.m. | Magnolia Plantation & Gardens, 3550 Ashley River Rd. | Free with admission | A fun, outdoor event with great food + music.
○ Creekside Comedy with Dale Jones | Sat., Nov. 28 | 7-9 p.m. + 9-11 p.m. | Southern Roots (Park Circle), 1083 E. Montague Ave. | $15
○ Drivin N Cryin | Sat., Nov. 28 | 8-9:45 p.m. | Charleston Music Hall, 37 John St. | $40
○ Small Business Saturday | Sat., Nov. 28 | 1-4 p.m. | Wildcraft, 38 Windermere Blvd. | Free admission | Join Wildcraft for its first in-person event since the COVID-19 pandemic began. A portion of all sales will go to local nonprofit organizations.