Calling all women: How much do you really know about menopause? It’s something not often talked about — so Roper St. Francis Healthcare is hosting a new, free online event series walking women through menopausal health: Red Hot Mamas Virtual Lunch & Learn Series. 🔥
We recently attended the first class of the new series — here’s how it went + how you can #TryThis.
What we tried (with pricing):
We registered for the first class in the series, Urinary Concerns at Menopause, held on March 23, for free. Online registration was easy, and we received a link to the Zoom session 2 days before the class, as well as a pre-class survey.
The session was super informational, with the hosting doctor (a Roper St. Francis Healthcare OBGYN) walking attendees through a ~30-min. presentation, answering questions for another ~30 mins, then finishing the presentation with another Q+A at the end. The session concluded with a post-class survey and links to all the resources that were discussed.
What not to miss:
Roper St. Francis Healthcare is partnering with national program Red Hot Mamas to present the series (they’re the first healthcare system in the country to host the series virtually), so there’s a lot of expertise behind-the-scenes. Don’t miss the opportunity to ask the doctor specific questions.
P.S.: This series is not just for older women, and not just for mamas of children. Women who have a full hysterectomy (at any age) are immediately thrown into full menopause, so younger women can find this just as helpful as those in their 40s, 50s, or 60s.
How you can experience this:
Check out the upcoming sessions (fourth Thursday of the month, 12-1:30 p.m.) and register online for free:
- Heart Disease & Menopause: April 27
- Meeting and Greeting Menopause: May 25
- Menopause Hormone Therapy: June 22
- Sex and Menopause: July 27
- Non-hormonal Treatment Options: August 24
- Osteoporosis and Menopause: September 28
- Sleep & Menopause: October 26
Things to know if you go:
- Experience: Red Hot Mamas Lunch & Learn Series with Roper St. Francis Healthcare
- Price: Free
- Website: https://callcenter.rsfh.com/WLP2/#!/classes/search/red%20hot%20mamas/1/
- Address: Online via Zoom
- Hours: Fourth Thursday of each month, 12-1:30 p.m.
- Social: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube Ⓟ