If you’re inspired to run, walk, or trot while your family and friends are visiting this holiday, check out these Thanksgiving turkey trots happening around Charleston.
Thanksgiving turkey trots
🦃 Turkey Day Run | Thursday, Nov. 25 | 9 a.m. | Marion Square | $45 | Participate in the 9th largest 5k in the country — the 44th annual Turkey Day Run & Gobble Wobble. Registration is open until the event is sold out.
🦃 Turkey Trot | Thursday, Nov. 25 | 9-10 a.m. | Sanctuary Beach Access, 1 Sanctuary Dr., Kiawah Island | Free | Head over to the Sanctuary Beach Access to register for this annual fun run/walk on the beach, offering a one-mile walk or one to three-mile run on the beach.
🦃 Huffin’ for the Stuffin’ 5k | Thursday, Nov. 25 | 9 a.m.-12 p.m. | Carnes Crossroads, 513 Wodin Pl., Summerville | $35 | Join Fleet Feet for the third annual Huffin’ for the Stuffin’ run + benefit Dorchester Paws and Shop with a Badge.
🦃 Awendaw 5k Fried Turkey Glide | Thursday, Nov. 25 | 9:00 a.m. | Garris Landing, State Highway S-10-1170, Awendaw | Free | Check out Awendaw’s free Thanksgiving walk/run + enter giveaways for prizes.
And for those itching to double knot those laces + train for next year’s Charleston Marathon, read on for six running clubs across the Lowcountry for runners of every ability. But pace yourself. 👟
Running clubs around Charleston
- Join this local, nonprofit organization with over 700 members in the Charleston area to promote, encourage, organize and educate running and running activities in the community.
- Become a member and check out the club calendar.
- Become a member of Fleet Feet running club, originally created in 1976, and receive perks such as discounted entry to runs + weekly events.
- Register for the club and learn more.
- Connect with Frothy Beard Brewing Company’s running club and walk or jog on Monday nights for a one-mile or 5k route from August to December. The event is free + offers $1 off pints for the rest of the night.
- Event dates
- It’s happy hour o’clock. Exercise with the Charleston Beer Runners group — meeting every Thursday at the Hampton Park Gazebo for a three to five-mile run ending at a local bar or pub.
- Event dates
- Meet up with this group every Sunday at 9 a.m. in the parking lot of Hampton Park for a scenic eight-mile loop. Completing the full distance is not required.
- Team up with the Park Circle Pacers at Commonhouse Aleworks every Thursday for a Thirsty Thursday fun run or Sunday for a long run — all skill levels welcome.