We are in the dog days of summer, and it officially ends on Saturday, Sept. 23 — although we all know the Charleston heat may continue after the fact. Recently, we asked you to suggest your final 2023 Summer Bucket List items to round out the season. Here’s what our readers said:
- Cool off by enjoying a soft serve at the Pineapple Hut on Folly Beach and in downtown. This spot specializes in tropical dairy-free soft serve and includes menu items like pineapple whip, pineapple float + additional weekly flavors. We heard the paradise whip is a favorite.
- Catch a show at Forte Jazz Lounge located at 477 King St. This downtown venue has murals of jazz greats + gives guests a lineup of talented headliners, including local acts, recording artists, touring acts, and award-winning entertainers.
- Enjoy sunsets at Isle of Palms while walking your dog. Pro tip: It doesn’t hurt to review Charleston beach policies for bringing your furry friend.
- Get your steps on the Ravenel Bridge. This famous Charleston bridge connecting Mount Pleasant to the peninsula is a 2.7-mile-long bridge with a pedestrian walkway for beautiful views of the Lowcountry.
- Watch the sunrise and sunset at Folly Beach, known as the “Edge of America.”
- Stop by the Irish pub Madra Rua Park Circle in North Charleston (1034 E. Montague Ave.) to watch a soccer game. We heard the Holy City Celtics Supporters Club plan to kick back for some upcoming matches.
- Kayak at Shem Creek or Wild Dunes
- Try your hand at fishing for redfish in the marsh creeks.
Got any other items to check off the bucket list? Drop them in a comment.