Table of Contents
Charleston County Public Library has a lot to offer, so we’re breaking down the resources, services, and events you may not know about.
There are over a dozen branches (some are being renovated or constructed) and a Mobile Library, with unique experiences at each location.
How to get a card
To become a cardholder, stop by any branch, fill out an application, and provide a photo ID and proof of address. Or, fill out this online form and pick up your free card at your preferred branch. See who’s eligible.
Did you know? You can check out books, audiobooks, e-books, movies, TV shows, and music for free with your library card.
- Request curbside services to pick up and drop off materials from your car
- Order books in the mail if you qualify as permanently or temporarily housebound
- Book meeting space as a nonprofit, civic, educational, cultural, or government group
- Learn a new language with the Mango online language-learning program
- Get one-on-one training from a librarian on topics like resume editing and tech support
- Access computers and Wi-Fi at all branches
- Events for adults include yoga, sewing, book clubs, and writing workshops
- Events for teens and kids include storytelling, movies, art projects, and games
Book it to your favorite branch to pick up a card, explore services, and attend events.