Weathering a storm can be unpredictable, which is why staying informed is a top priority during a hurricane and in the aftermath. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of resources to help you stay in the know.
Sign up to receive notifications from the SC Emergency Manager mobile app to stay informed on important weather updates. Track the storm’s progress through the National Hurricane Center, which provides top news of the day, position updates, and satellite imagery.
USA Today also has a storm tracker with an interactive map.
Sign up for the FEMA app to get real-time weather alerts, send notifications to friends + family, and locate emergency shelters.
City of Charleston updates
The City of Charleston’s hurricane information page has multiple resources, including:
- Emergency maps + information, including a potential storm surge map, NOAA storm info, and sandbag details
- Tideeye, offering information on the latest tides and road conditions
- City storm alerts + news flash
- Charleston County Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Free and open parking garages
- Charleston Harbor Tide Gauge
- National Weather Service Forecast, Charleston
- Storm definitions + the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale
Dominion Energy has outage resources including text notifications, FAQs, and an outage map. The Electric Cooperatives of South Carolina also has a map highlighting recent outage information provided by each electric cooperative.
View current outages in Santee Cooper’s service area on the Santee Cooper website.
Emergency phone numbers
Stay connected with these lines:
- American Red Cross: 843-764-2323
- South Carolina Emergency Management Division: 803-737-8500
- City of Charleston 24-hour citizen information line: 843-724-7311
- Charleston County Emergency Management Department: 843-746-3800
- Berkeley County Emergency Management: 843-719-4166
- Trident United Way: 211
- SC Department of Transportation: 855-467-2368 or 803-737-1200
- Santee Cooper: 888-769-7688
- Dominion Energy: 800-251-7234
- Dominion Energy (downed or sparking power lines and power outages): 888-333-4465
- Dorchester County Consolidated Dispatch (non-emergency): 843-873-5111
- Charleston County Consolidated Dispatch (non-emergency): 843-743-7200