By this point, you’re likely familiar with Brookgreen Gardens’ Nights of a Thousand Candles event. Well, folks: Mark your calendars because the time has (almost) come for its return — held Sat., Nov. 26 through Sun., Jan 1.
Arguably one of the most picturesque holiday events in the Lowcountry, this award-winning light display was voted The Best Christmas Light Display in South Carolina by Travel + Leisure in 2021 and received the 2018 Charles A. Bundy Award for Excellence in Tourism.
We shared photos on the ‘gram and gave you the scoop in our newsletter, but we thought we’d dive into the details by the numbers so that you can have an enlightening experience this year. We truly can’t think of a better way to get into the holiday spirit.
Pssst: Tickets are starting to sell out, so snag ‘em while you can.
- 2,700. The total hand-lit candles that illuminate Brookgreen Gardens, coupled with millions of other sparkling lights.
- 5 hours. The amount of time you have to immerse yourself in the experience each evening.
- $35. The cost of an adult ticket for non-members, or $30 for members.
- 19. The number of evenings that the event is running this season.
- 5+. The number of performers on the entertainment schedule, featuring acts like Prettier Than Matt + The Paul Grimshaw Band.
- 1. The optional add-on for your experience, Sparkle and Fun, featuring holographic glasses + a glass of sparkling wine or cider.
Expect tree lighting, carolers, and of course, all the cider, cocoa, and wine to enjoy on your garden stroll. Get hungry? Small bites will be served by the Old Kitchen in the sculpture garden.
Don’t forget to grab a ticket for the Nights of a Thousand Candles Preview Benefit on Fri., Nov. 25, featuring heavy hors d’oeuvres + drinks. Space is limited.
Check it out at 1931 Brookgreen Dr. in Murrells Inlet. 🌟