On March 1, Charleston Place — located at 205 Meeting St. — will transition to an independent luxury hotel under new ownership by Charleston-based Beemok Hospitality Group. We’re giving you the inside scoop on what you can expect from the exciting new investment plans + multi-year transformation.
First and foremost, the hotel’s name will transition from Charleston Place, a Belmond Hotel, to The Charleston Place — a locally owned and operated independent hotel.
What changes can we expect to see?
- Refresh of the lobby + other public spaces by Cortney Bishop Design
- New partnerships, activations + programming
- MOKE electric, open-air vehicle rentals
- Multi-million dollar renovations by Pierre-Yves Rochon, Cooper Carry, and LS3P
- Locally roasted coffee, tea, house-made specialties, and other locally-sourced retail products available at the hotel’s coffee shop, Community Perk
What aspects of the hotel have plans for a refresh?
- The lobby
- Guest rooms + suites
- Spa/wellness center
- Restaurants + bars
- Retail, meeting, and event spaces
- The pool
What can we expect in the near future?
- Reinvented food + beverage offerings
- Revitalized hotel lobby experience by Cortney Bishop Design
- High teas, Sunday brunch, live music, historical tours, and wellness offerings
Beemok Hospitality Group’s other assets include The Cooper Hotel, an investment in Greenville County’s Hotel Domestique, and the Credit One Bank Stadium + LTP Tennis Center.
Lucky for us, the property expects to remain open during the multi-million dollar renovation, so locals + guests will still be able to enjoy the amenities.
The reimagined Charleston Place hotel plans to create an experience that inspires connection with a deep commitment to the community. Scheduled to be completed in phases, the renovation has an estimated start in early-2023. In short, we have a lot to look forward to.