Celebrate the rich + vibrant Latin American and Caribbean cultures at the annual Latin American Festival on Sunday, Oct. 8, at Wannamaker County Park located at 8888 University Blvd. in North Charleston. From 12-5 p.m., attendees can immerse themselves in authentic food, dance, art, and music.
Dance your way through the sounds of merengue, reggaeton, bachata, and salsa music. Explore the folklore artwork + crafts that will be featured. Taste the authentic flavors of dishes like empanadas and arroz con pollo. Charleston County Public Library will present games for children and an educational area.
This year’s live music lineup:
- 12 – 12:30 p.m. | DJ Luigi | This DJ will bring fun vibes, while sharing Hispanic culture through music.
- 12:30– 1:30 p.m. | Los del Pueblo | Will start the day with regional Mexican music.
- 1:30 – 1:50 p.m. | This time slot is all for dance performances.
- 2 – 3 p.m. | Wanda Lopez | Cuban singer + composer will bring an energetic show.
- 3 – 3:30 p.m. | DJ Luigi | This portion of the show will feature a salsa dancing contest.
- 3:30 – 5 p.m. | Kinito Méndez | Popular Dominican merengue star + founder of the band “La Cocoband” will take the stage.
This event will feature accessible parking + bathrooms, a quiet area, and an accessibility tent with sensory bags available for checkout.
Things that are not permitted: outside food, alcohol, coolers, and pets.
Tickets to the festival are $10 at the gate. Pro tip: If you are a student, you can get in for $5 with a valid student idea. Gold pass holders with the county park and kids ages 12 and under are free.