Now more than ever, data shows that consumers are experimenting with what it means to be “sober curious.” The result has been a spike in sales of non-alcoholic beverages and a declining interest in alcoholic drinks.
Here are a few stand-out stats:
- Total dollar sales of non-alcoholic beverages grew by 20.6% between August 2021 and 2022. Non-alcoholic beer accounted for 85.3% of those sales.
- 36% of US consumers reported to have “lost interest in drinking alcohol in general” while 13% reported to be “interested in alternative non-alcoholic beverages.”
- Sales of non-alcoholic beer, wine, and spirits rose from 0.22% of total alcohol sales in the US in 2018 to 0.47% in 2022.
- Global Market Share predicts that the non-alcoholic drinks market will grow to $30 billion by 2025.
Wanna know where you can enjoy a mocktail in Charleston? These are some of the local spots we love + what to drink there:
- Park & Grove | Strawberry Basil Smash featuring strawberry syrup, lemon, basil, and soda.
- Little Palm | The School Night mocktail that combines a non-alcoholic dry riesling with citrus cordial and mulled hibiscus.
- The Watch Rooftop Kitchen & Spirits | The No-Groni 10 with Ritual Zero Proof’s Gin Alternative, Wilfred’s non-alcoholic aperitif, and Rasasvada Rose Bergamot aperitif.
Check out five more spots we love for NA beverages.