Anyone else a fan of the Park Circle neighborhood in North Charleston? The $20 million redevelopment project, Park Circle Reimagined, features the world’s largest inclusive playground + had its official grand opening this past weekend.
What is it?
Park Circle Reimagined includes:
- A new community building with classrooms, meeting rooms, and a theater
- Flexible event space
- A history + archives repository
- An artist in residence studio
- An inclusive playground + baseball field
- A farmers market pavilion
- A nature garden, open green space, and walking trails
World’s largest inclusive playground?
Yes, you read that correctly. The project’s centerpiece is a 55,000 sqft playground featuring elements that will ensure inclusion for all children of different abilities to interact. The Post and Courier reports that nearly 85% of the playground is covered in shade and features canopy shades and a section with water misters.
Park Circle Reimagined is now open to the public, and the calendar for reservations and booking for the new facility is scheduled to open starting Jan. 2, 2024.