We have clawesome news. The Southeastern Wildlife Exposition showcase is set for Fri., Feb. 17-Sun., Feb. 19, 2023 and there’s so much to SEWE. 🦅
Animal lovers can look forward to fine art, live entertainment, and special events celebrating the great outdoors at local venues like The Charleston Place, Brittlebank Park, Gaillard Center, Charleston Marriott, and Marion Square.
- Forrest Galante, a television personality and conservationist, will entertain attendees at the Gaillard Center with live presentations showcasing his work and experience in the field.
- Wings Over Water, a film narrated by award-winning actor Michael Keaton, will detail the Prairie Pothole Region as a breeding + nesting habitat for birds and play all weekend long at the Gaillard Center.
- Improvements + venue changes include an amended exhibit layout at Brittlebank Park, additional VIP shuttles, and expanded programming at the Charleston Marriott.
- The Lowcountry Social and Birds of a Feather Ladies Benefit Brunch are back. These special events include all-inclusive food, beverages, and entertainment. Heads up: These tickets are sold separately.
- Expect staples like the Fine Art Gallery, DockDogs® Competitions (preregister your pup here), Center for Birds of Prey demonstrations, artisan goods + craftsmen exhibitors, canine demonstrations, and chef demos.
The nonprofit’s mission is to raise conservation awareness, positively influence wildlife and nature education, and benefit local and statewide economies through tourism.
Here are some notable numbers. The showcase welcomes 500 artists, exhibitors, and wildlife experts plus 40,000 attendees annually — with an estimated $50 million economic impact.
General admission includes access to all venues, shows, lectures, and demos. Daily tickets are $40 for Friday + Saturday, and $35 for Sunday. A three-day ticket is also available for $85.
Bonus: Use promo code SEWE2023 before Tues., Nov. 1 for 20% off general admission tickets. Use the link below to grab your passes.