Thursday, August 17 is National Nonprofit Day, and we’re highlighting a few local orgs where you can spread the love — either through volunteering or donation.
Help the community
- Lowcountry Local First | Make a donation or sign up to advocate for the local business community in Charleston.
- Warrior Surf Foundation | Help veterans with surf therapy and wellness.
- Be a Mentor | Empower students to reach their full potential. Or become a Pathlighter member by donating regularly.
- Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center | Help children feel safe + comfortable by becoming a child advocate, helping with facility repairs, or joining an event committee. Donations are also welcome.
- Mental Health HEROES | Donate to support the mission of the Charleston Dorchester Mental Health Center.
- We Are Family | Participate in community outreach and donate to benefit Charleston’s LGBTQ+ youth.
If you’re on a tight schedule
- The Blood Connection | Choose a time to donate blood and help save lives in the community.
- Charleston Habitat for Humanity | Arrange a pickup of donated home items for the ReStore. You can also drop off items directly at 731 Meeting St. from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
- Trident United Way | If you can’t wait for the Days of Caring in November, make a donation today to improve the educational outcomes of students in our area.
This is just scratching the surface of all the ways you can give back to our community. Check out 30 more volunteer opportunities.