Fourth of July weekend is right around the corner, and we’re giving you the scoop on a few upcoming events to celebrate America’s 246 years as an independent country. Those celebrations include parades, family-friendly festivals, firework displays + summertime soirees.
Here’s an overview of a few upcoming festivities.
- July 2: 87° | 47% chance of rain
- July 3: 88° | 58% chance of rain
- July 4: 88° | 58% chance of rain
We know it’s still early, so weather changes could happen.
- 4th of July Festival | Mon., July 4 | 5-10 p.m. | Riverfront Park, 1061 Everglades Ave., North Charleston | Free entry and parking | Swing by the City of North Charleston’s largest sponsored event for food trucks, fireworks, and music from DJ Natty Heavy + the North Charleston Pops! Lawn chairs and blankets encouraged.
- Fireworks and Freedom Festival | Mon., July 4 | 5:30-9:30 p.m. | Gahagan Park, 184 W Boundary St., Summerville | Free | Check out the Town of Summerville’s annual festival featuring live music, a kid’s zone, food, and fireworks.
- Independence Day Celebration | Sat., July 2 | 4-9 p.m. | Daniel Island | Free | Watch a parade starting from the Bishop England High School parking lot, enjoy music at Smythe Park, and grab a bite from various food truck options.
- Fourth of July Firework Celebration | Sat., July 2 | 6-10 p.m. | Moncks Corner Regional Recreation Complex, 418 E. Main St., Moncks Corner | Free entry and parking | Check out a vendor market, food trucks, face painters, balloon art + a live band before fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
- Folly Beach Independence Day Fireworks Show | Mon., July 4 | Around 9 p.m. | Folly Beach | Free | Fireworks will be launched from 3rd Block West for this sundown fireworks show hosted by the Folly Association of Business. A beach sweep will be held following the show.
- Fireworks Blast | Mon., July 4 | 6-10 p.m. | Patriots Point Naval & Maritime Museum, 40 Patriots Point Rd., Mt. Pleasant | Free entry, $20 parking per vehicle | Grab a bite from more than a dozen food trucks, and enjoy a fireworks show landside, or opt to purchase a ticket to watch fireworks from the flight deck of the USS Yorktown.
- Fabulous Fourth in the Creek | Mon., July 4 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | Goose Creek Municipal Center, 519A North Goose Creek Blvd., Goose Creek | Free admission + parking | Parking is limited at this annual Fourth of July celebration and fireworks display featuring live music, food vendors, and free kids activities.
- Isle of Palms Fireworks Display | Mon., July 4 | 9-9:30 p.m. | Front Beach | Free | Heads up: This city-sponsored fireworks display will require a beach closure between 21st Avenue + 3rd Sea Cabins at 6:30 p.m. for preparation.
- Sullivan’s Island Independence Day Party | Mon., July 4 | 5:30 p.m. | Sullivan’s Island | Free | Bring a chair or blanket to listen to the Shem Creek Boogie Band + view fireworks around 9 p.m. after the golf cart and bike parade earlier in the day.
Food + drink
- Fourth of July BBQ Packages | Pick up Sun., July 3 | 10 a.m.-3 p.m. | Ms. Rose’s Fine Food & Cocktails, 1090 Sam Rittenberg Blvd. | $150 | Place your order for a full BBQ feast set to feed 6-8 people. The bundle includes your choice of two meats, fixings, plus a la carte options.
- 4th of July Dinner | Mon., July 4 | 7-11 p.m. | The Watch Rooftop Kitchen and Spirits, 79 Wentworth St. | $85 | Sign up for a classic barbecue menu with a buffet dinner and rooftop firework views — food + non-alcoholic drinks are included in the ticket price and alcoholic drinks will be available for purchase.
- Sea Stars & Stripes | Mon., July 4 | 7-10 p.m. | South Carolina Aquarium, 100 Aquarium Wharf | $75 for adults, $40 for children | Tickets include cookout fare, beer, and wine. Bring a chair or blanket to watch fireworks from the Charleston Harbor.
Are you jazzed for the Fourth of July? We know we are.