The holiday season is here, and with comes chilly weather in Charleston. You can warm up with hot cider or feel merry and bright with a peppermint libation at cozy bars and restaurants around town.
Check out these eight fall + winter cocktails that will get you in the holiday spirit. 🍸
- Eggnog | Vintage Lounge, 545 King St. | Sip on this seasonal favorite at Vintage Lounge starting on Black Friday and check out Toddy Tuesday for weekly hot toddies.
- Irish Coffee | Élevé, 55 Wentworth St. | The Irish Coffee at Eleve rooftop restaurant features whiskey, whipped cream, and nutmeg + will warm you right up.
- Peach Cobbler Martini | Kaminsky’s Dessert Cafe, 78 N. Market St. | Delight in RumChata, Peach Schnapps, and cream at Kaminsky’s Dessert Cafe through the end of November + stay tuned for the cafe’s winter cocktail menu.
- Call It a Night | Little Palm Bar, 237 Meeting St. | Try a specialty cocktail with vodka, cold brew coffee, cacao, and butterscotch this winter at Little Palm — check out the Little Pine holiday pop-up beginning Wednesday, Nov. 23.
- Jingle All the Way | Hotel Bennett, 404 King St. | Served out of Hotel Bennett’s life-size gingerbread house, this hot chocolate beverage with marshmallows will be available from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day.
- Peppermint White Russian | Blind Tiger Pub, 36-38 Broad St. | Enjoy this cocktail with peppermint cream, Kahlua, and a candy cane garnish by Blind Tiger Pub’s fire pit starting Thursday, Dec. 1 at the bar’s tree lighting event.
- Come A-Wassailing | Harold’s Cabin, 247 Congress St. | Visit Harold’s Cabin’s pop-up Christmas Bar now through the New Year and order this hot mulled wine drink.
- Hot Apple Cider | The Dewberry Hotel, 334 Meeting St. | Celebrate National Apple Cider Day at The Dewberry Hotel with this seasonal libation served in the Living Room or sip on the hotel’s classic hot chocolate.
Before you go, here’s a party favor: Bulldog Tours is offering its Holiday Strolls Cocktail Tour combining the yuletide history tour featuring stories of Charleston’s Christmases past with stops at three festive lounges for a signature holiday cocktail.