In case you missed it, tickets are now on sale for the 2023 Lowcountry Oyster Festival, set to be held at Boone Hall Plantation on Sun., Jan. 29, 2023.
You might’ve missed our story on the 38th annual Lowcountry Oyster Festival, so we’ll give you a quick breakdown of what you need to know about the world’s largest oyster festival held right here in our backyard.
- The event features 60,000 pounds of oysters, including raw oyster eating + shucking contests.
- Gates open at 10 a.m. + the event runs until 5 p.m.
- Wine, domestic, and imported beer are available for purchase to pair with your buckets of steamed oysters.
- General admission tickets are $23, though you’ll need to purchase food + beverage tickets separately. VIP tickets are also available for $179. Snag ‘em while you can.
- This year’s festival is cashless.
Have a question? Check out the festival’s FAQ page. Happy shucking, Charleston.