Let’s eat, Charleston. Grab your BFF (read: best foodie friend), and get ready for Gather Charleston happening Sept. 29-Oct. 1 at the Charleston Visitors Center (375 Meeting Street).
Enjoy two days of some of our city’s favorite chefs, local goods, and cultural experiences for a celebration of all that makes Charleston a dynamic destination — and Travel + Leisure’s World’s Best Awards Top City in the US year after year.
General Admission passes for this 21+ event grant attendees access to the Tasting Tent, Demo Stage, and an open bar.
Here’s some more flavor to look forward to:
🍽 Tasting Tent
- Friday hours: 2-6:30 p.m.; Saturday hours: 11:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Comprised of local restaurants and goods, the Tasting Tent is curated to give a well-rounded taste of Charleston cuisine. With each restaurant providing a different menu on both days, you’re able to sample a variety of Lowcountry favorites.
Note: The Tasting Tent will close during cooking demos,
🎤 Demo Stage lineup
Schedule and programming details subject to change.
- Carrie Morey (Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits)
- Chef Mike Lata (FIG + The Ordinary) and Chef Kevin Johnson (The Grocery)
- Chef Michelle Weaver (The Charleston Grill) and Tia Clark (Casual Crabbing with Tia)
- Chef Marcus Shell (39 Rue de Jean) and Chef Kevin Mitchell (The Culinary Institute of Charleston)
- Chef Dano Heinze (Vern’s)
- Chef Marc Collins (Circa 1886) and Chef John Ondo (The Atlantic Room at Kiawah Island Golf Resort)
🍷 Additional add-ons
Pro tip: Get your tickets soon — these events are selling fast.
- Exclusive wine tasting with Food & Wine’s Executive Wine Editor, Ray Isle (Hosted at the Charleston Visitors Center)
- An after-hours event at High Wire Distilling