Looking to impress your guests this holiday season? Get ready for the holidays at Illumination Charleston, happening Friday, Dec. 1-Saturday, Dec. 2 hosted by Explore Charleston and Southern Living.
The event includes a weekend of live cooking demonstrations and shopping opportunities at a magical holiday market.
Here’s a look at the event lineup:
- Luminaries Opening Night Party | Friday, Dec. 1 | 5:30-7 p.m. | The Charleston Place Hotel | Kick things off with a party featuring a sensational snowfall display, champagne, and live music.
- Holiday Market | Saturday, Dec. 2 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | The Charleston Visitors Center | A full day of demonstrations and seminars hosted by Southern Living Editors, notable chefs, authors, and Southern personalities, featuring a selection of pop-up booths with gifts available for purchase, food and beverage samplings, and more.
- Holiday Cocktail Fundraiser | Saturday, Dec. 2 | 6-7:30 p.m. | The Parsonage at St. Johannes |This festive reception features an open bar and delightful cuisine — plus, 100% of the proceeds go directly to support children at the MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital.
Featured guests include:
- Andrew Zimmern: Emmy-winning and four-time James Beard Award-winning TV personality, chef, and writer.
- Jocelyn Delk Adams: founder, author, national television personality, and brand ambassador behind the award-winning cookbook Grandbaby Cakes.
- Lela Rose: a New York City-based, American fashion designer known for her use of color, rich fabrications, sculptural silhouettes, and handcrafted detail.
- And more