There’s no dodging Cupid’s arrow — Valentine’s Day is here. Whether you’re celebrating your friendships or sugaring up your sweetheart, we’ve got last-minute Valentine’s Day ideas that will have you loving love.
🌵 Get fantastical with botanicals
If you’re quick, you might have your pick of bouquets using Floom, an online marketplace that partners with florists that deliver locally.
Or, get creative and nab a potted plant from these plant spots. Nothing says forever like a hardy succulent.
- Meeting Green, 1455 Meeting Street Rd., Charleston
- Roots and Shoots, 1108 Wappoo Rd., Charleston
- Hyams Garden Center, 870 Folly Rd., Charleston
- Abide A While, 1460 Hwy. 17 N., Mt. Pleasant
- PlantHouse Charleston, 832 Coleman Blvd., Mt. Pleasant
- Brownswood, 1290 Brownswood Rd., Johns Island
🥂 Keep spirits up
If you didn’t score reservations, don’t overthink… grab a drink. The following spots have weekday happy hours:
- Harold’s Cabin | Tuesday-Friday, 4-7 p.m. | Take a buck off house draft beer or enjoy a $2 Miller High Life and a $10 cheese board.
- Edmund’s Oast | Weekdays, 3-5 p.m. | Drop by for the “Sad Times Happy Hour” including half-off frozen drinks and house beer drafts, as well as bites like the Korean Chicken Dunkaroo.
- The Alley | Weekdays, 4-7 p.m. | Bowling date, anyone? Score $3 domestic beer and house wine while bowling or playing a game of Skee-Ball.
For more options, check out our happy hour guide.
🌟 Go stargazing
It doesn’t get much more idyllic than bundling up and looking at the stars. Grab some blankets (and maybe a hot drink) and head to one of these spots away from man-made light to take in the sky.
- Sullivan’s Island Beach | Station 18 Street, Sullivan’s Island
- Pitt Street Bridge | Pitt Street, Mt. Pleasant
- Brittlebank Park | 185 Lockwood Dr., Charleston