You asked, we’re answering. A new and improved CHStoday events calendar is here. 🎉
Or maybe you didn’t realize we even had an events calendar — consider this your ticket to the most fun and relevant events in Charleston, including:
- Beyond Van Gogh: The Immersive Experience | Fri., Sept. 2-Sun., Sept. 25 | Times vary | Charleston Area Convention Center, 5001 Coliseum Dr., North Charleston | $46.99+ | Immerse yourself in more than 300 of the greatest pieces by post-Impressionist artist Vincent van Gogh. 🎨
- Sunset Moonrise Beach Walk | Fri., Sept. 9 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Folly Beach County Park, 1100 W. Ashley Ave., Folly Beach | $9 | Join a naturalist for a leisurely walk on the beach to admire the southwest end of Folly Island during the twilight hours.
- Fall Garden Strolls and Wine Tasting | Wed., Sept. 14 | 5-7 p.m. | Middleton Place, 4300 Ashley River Rd. | $25+ | Spend the evening at Middleton Place exploring America’s oldest landscaped gardens with a glass of wine in hand. 🍷
- 1st Annual Getting Saucy BBQ Sauce Competition | Sat., Sept. 24 | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. | Firefly Distillery, 4201 Spruill Ave., North Charleston | $40 | Get your taste buds ready — tickets are on sale now for a full day of barbecue sauce competitions featuring guest judges + a lineup of live music, corn hole, food trucks, and drinks.
- Creative Arts Workshop: Sweetgrass Baskets with Sarah Edwards Hammond | Sat., Sept. 24 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Park Circle Gallery, 4820 Jenkins Ave., North Charleston | $20 | Learn the basics of the historical art form of sweetgrass basket weaving with local sweetgrass basket maker Sarah Edwards Hammond.
As Charlestonians ourselves, we love making sure that Charleston has access to the most robust, relevant, and hyperlocal events calendar possible. In part, we rely on readers like you to keep us in the loop — start submitting your events now. (If you want to promote an upcoming gala, race, or fundraiser, we also have paid partnership options for everything happening locally.)
In addition to the hundreds of events that you can discover each month on our website, each issue of our newsletter features a dedicated events section, with our curated editorial picks for the upcoming week, organized by day. Keep scrolling just a little bit and you’ll see what we mean. Pro tip: Click the link to see our full calendar if you want to start planning ahead.
Want to know which events we’re most excited about? Your friendly neighborhood City Editors (👋 that’s us, Lexa + Tatum) can often be found out and about at the newest restaurant openings, baseball games, festivals, and fairs — see what we’re up to in the Wrap section at the bottom of each newsletter or by following us on Instagram @CHStoday.