Happy Thursday! It’s Jen. If you caught yesterday’s email, you may remember me mentioning my love of music. My idea of a great night out always involves some kind of live music – and I’m willing to go to great lengths to see my favorite artists perform. I’ve camped in a tent to see Outkast; I’ve taken a day trip to Atlanta just to see The Strokes; and, despite not being a huge country music fan, I once sat through an entire Kenny Chesney concert in the freezing rain.
There’s something special about singing along to your favorite songs in a sea of fellow fans who are just as hyped as you are... even if the guy in front of you is 6’2, blocking your entire view of the lead guitarist, + repeatedly screaming “Free Bird!” (and let’s be real, there’s always that guy).
Though much of this year’s calendar remains TBA, the Holy City already has a stacked lineup of great shows booked for early 2020. Here are the shows I’m most excited for:
○ SUSTO: “Rogue Acoustic” Live Album Recording | Feb. 7 | 9 p.m. | The Royal American | $10, tickets go on sale this Friday (Jan. 17) at 10 a.m. | A special live performance spanning all three of SUSTO’s albums + several new songs. With Mel Washington + Fleur Geurl.
Scroll for 29 more shows set for early 2020.
○ Badfish: a Tribute to Sublime – Under the Sun Tour | Jan. 17 | 8 p.m. | Music Farm | $18
○ Color of Music: Black Classical Musicians Festival | Jan. 29- Feb. 1 | Times + locations vary | Fill schedule here.
○ Black Jacket Symphony Presents Led Zeppelin’s ‘House of the Holy’ | Jan. 30 | 8 p.m. | Charleston Music Hall | $35+
○ SUSTO: “Rogue Acoustic” Live Album Recording | Feb. 7 | 9 p.m. | The Royal American | $10 | A special live performance spanning all three of SUSTO’s albums + several new songs. With Mel Washington + Fleur Geurl.
○ Tesla | Feb. 17 | 8 p.m. | Charleston Music Hall | $55+ | With special guests Bad Marriage and Red Reign.
○ O.A.R. | March 5 | 8 p.m. | Charleston Music Hall | $49.50+ | Note: Tickets are currently sold out.
○ Little Big Town | March 6 | 8 p.m. | Gaillard Center | With Caitlyn Smith.
○ Georgia On My Mind: Celebrating the Music of Ray Charles | March 10 | 7:30 p.m. Gaillard Center | $36+
○ Ranky Tanky with the Charleston Symphony Orchestra | March 12 | 7:30 p.m. | Gaillard Center | $25+
○ Rome & Duddy – Friends & Family Acoustic Tour | March 17 | 8 p.m. | Charleston Music Hall | $24.50+ | with Micah Brown.
○ For Your Ears Only: A Tribute to the Music of James Bond | April 11 | 8 p.m. | Charleston Music Hall | $20+
○ 90’s Vibes: The Best of Hip Hop and R&B ft. Orchestra Noir | 8 p.m. | June 6 | Charleston Music Hall | $49+ | Some of your favorite songs from the ‘90s played by an orchestra.
○ Rebelution: Good Vibes Summer Tour | June 20 | 6 p.m. | Volvo Car Stadium | $14+
If you could see any musician, dead or alive, in concert, who would it be? Tell us in the comments.