YALLFest, Charleston’s Young Adult Book Festival, is back for its 12th year this Friday, Nov. 10-Saturday, Nov. 11. Look forward to over 70 authors and a packed schedule of panels + signings that will spark your imagination.
Want to learn how Holly Black crafts the perfect thrilling tale? Still crying over Adam Silvera’s latest book? Read on for more fest highlights.
- YALLCrawl | Friday, Nov. 10 | 2 p.m. | Locations vary | Free | Spend your afternoon crawling up different local businesses. Select authors, including Amélie Wen Zhao + Adam Silvera, will sign their books in shops along King Street.
- Sweet Sweet Fantasy Baby: So Many Faves in One Panel | Saturday, Nov. 11 | 11 a.m. | Charleston Music Hall, 37 John St. | Free | Fantasy favorites like Kendare Blake, Victoria Aveyard, and Bethany Baptiste will be on this panel.
- Page Turners: Building Tension and Thrilling Readers | Saturday, Nov. 11 | 12 p.m. | Charleston Music Hall, 37 John St. | Free | Adam Silvera moderates this conversation with Alex Aster, Holly Black, Hafsah Faizal, Maureen Johnson, and Trang Thanh Tran.
- YA Smackdown 2023 | Saturday, Nov. 11 | 6 p.m. | Charleston Music Hall, 37 John St. | $12 | Come see your favorite authors on stage with host Soman Chainani (“School for Good and Evil”) for games, laughs, and dancing during this YALLFest tradition.
We couldn’t possibly list all the YALL events. See the full schedule.
- Zoraida Córdova | The author of “The Inheritance of Orquídea Divina” (and over two dozen other novels) will be signing books and appearing on panels.
- Leigh Bardugo | Another keynote speaker this year, Bardugo is a New York Times bestselling author of Ninth House. If you’re planning on attending her signing, be sure to read the guidelines.
- Adam Silvera | You can catch this New York Times bestselling author moderating panel events and signing books.
There are plenty more authors to check out — like Rebekah Weatherspoon, Cassandra Clare, and Chloe Gong. Read the full roster.
YALLFest needs dozens of volunteers to make each festival happen. If you’re a local interested in getting involved, visit the volunteer page to apply for possible opportunities and get contact information. You can also make a donation.