While today may be the first official day of fall, most Charlestonians know that the fall vibes won’t really kick in for (at least) a few more weeks. It’s a little difficult to get into the spirit of the new season when it’s still 80 degrees and sunny every day, right? We’ll see how we’re feelin’ on October 1...
There are still a few things we want to do before we trade in our t-shirts for sweaters + boots, so put on your sunglasses and start crossing things off end-of-summer activities list.
- Grab a drink and take in the Holy City skyline at a rooftop bar and restaurant.
- Sun’s out, buns out. Enjoy the unofficial dish of summer — hot dogs.
- Soak up the sun with your pup at a dog-friendly bar or restaurant.
- Finish up that summer reading list with a book by a local author.
- Shop local goods at a Holy City farmers market.
- Experiment with a change of scenery during your workday at one of these seven spots to work outside.
- Catch an outdoor movie at Gahagan Park. Pssst: The next showing will be “Jungle Cruise” on Fri., Oct. 7.
- Beat the heat with a cool dessert.
- Grab your kayak or paddle board and explore our city by water.
- Enjoy the true patio season before they start breaking out the space heaters.
- Take a scenic walk or drive through the Lowcountry.
Bonus points if you take advantage of this seasonal programming:
- Dance the night away with The Spazmatics at Dancing on the Cooper at the last event on Sat., Oct. 1.
- Explore Firefly Distillery’s inaugural fall Food Truck Festival on Sun., Oct. 23 — rescheduled from Sat., Sept. 10.
Have your own “end of summer” bucket list? Tell us what’s on it.