A very important question about the Holy City has been discussed on Reddit: What is your Charleston life hack? Here are some of our favorite responses:
- Rain boots in the trunk of the car.
- Free parking downtown after 6 p.m. and Sunday.
- Bring baby powder with you to the beach and put it on your feet when you leave to get all the sand off before you get in your car.
- Stay within the channel markers.
- Drive a car with decent ground clearance. Those flood puddles are no joke.
- Learn the tides.
- Don’t drive a white car or wear white clothes in spring or fall during lovebug season.
- Gold pass. Must have.
- If there is a parking spot right by the place you’re going to and a parking spot down the street in the shade, park in the shade.
- Leave an hour and a half ahead of time to get anywhere on time.
Now it’s your turn. If you have the secret to success in Charleston, let us know here.