Get out your pencils (if you’re a real pro — your pen) and put your knowledge of the Holy City to the test. Try this crossword puzzle featuring clues from stories we shared in the newsletter and on our Instagram last month.
Challenge yourself to guess items like:
- A new martini bar appropriately named after where a fox might sleep.
- The festival to go to if you want to see Kinito Méndez this weekend.
- Where you might get your canvas for a certain pumpkin carving competition.
Give it a go, and check back for the answers below.
1. AlexMorgan — She is also the captain of the US Women’s National Team.
3. TheSeabird – The new hotel will feature 23 rooms near the Charleston Harbor.
5. Google — The CDC Learning Center received $250,000 in funds from the tech giant.
7. CrushYard — It’s also a restaurant and bar.
8. KingTides — These high high tides got up to 8 ft in some areas.
11. Lowcountry Jazz — This festival celebrated its 17th year last month.
13. EasyHoney — This Charleston-based band is on a tour across the nation right now.
2. MOJAArts — This annual festival wraps up on Sunday, Oct. 8.
4. MorrisIslandLighthouse — It is also the tallest lighthouse in South Carolina.
6. CarnesCrossroads — This 3,600-home planned community will have amenities like a community house, fitness center, and barn.
9. Stingrays — Cherniwchan played the third most games in the program’s history, ranked third in all-time Stingrays points + goals, and was the only person in the program to play double-digit seasons in SC.
10. TheDen — The bar shares an address with Hotel Emeline’s Frannie & the Fox + you have to ask the hostess there for a seat.
12. HoneysuckleRose — This fine-dining restaurant joins Southbound, Community Table, and BarPizza in the Free Reign family.
14. LatinAmerican — The annual Latin American Festival is on Sunday, Oct. 8.
15. BooneHall — This pumpkin patch is also a choice place to get your canvas for a certain pumpkin carving competition.