We asked readers + social media followers where to get a sandwich in the Holy City, and y’all delivered. Here are 10 of the most-mentioned spots.
- Mozzo Deli | 730 Coleman Blvd., Mount Pleasant | Mia’s favorite is The Creek on gluten free bread and reader Ezekiel C. says this spot has the best chicken parm and reuben in the city.
- Brown Dog Deli | 40 Broad St. + 225 Calhoun St. | Reader Sharon G. recommends the Knuckle Sandwich with chicken, bacon, and blue cheese on toasted pita.
- Square Onion | 18 Resolute Ln.,
Mount Pleasant | We want to try the prosciutto caprese and the Meredith with turkey and brie cheese.
- Circe’s Grotto | 85 Wentworth St. | Grab a seat on the patio of this charming eatery in Historic Downtown Charleston and order a panino.
- The Co-Op | Multiple locations | If you need a serious sandwich to bring you back to life after a long beach day, this will hit the spot.
- Queen Street Grocery | 133 Queen St. | Tate’s order is the Egypt 80 with turkey, roasted red peppers, sprouts, goat cheese, and coconut curry sauce.
- The Pass | Wolf down the Such a Nice Italian Boy with burrata, greens, and tomatoes and add extra provolone — if you can handle it.
- Berkeley’s | 624 1/2 Rutledge Ave. | Tuck into a turkey sandwich with Swiss cheese, bacon, and Duke’s Mayo and then stroll through the nearby Hampton Park.
- Burbage’s Grocery | 157 Broad St. | Head to the back of this small grocery store downtown + order the barbecue sandwich — check out the wines before you go.
- Fast & French | 98 Broad St. | Snag a seat at the counter and order the special soup and sandwich of the day — go early to avoid the rush.
Thanks everyone for participating. Happy lunching.