CHStoday is working to keep you updated on the latest local news, announcements, + resources related to the COVID-19 pandemic. To find more of our coverage, click here.
If you or someone you know is out of their job during this time, we want to help. Here’s a quick list of companies that are hiring in the Charleston region right now.
○ The Charleston Police Department is looking to recruit members to join the police force. They will be hosting an informational Zoom session on May 28 at 6 p.m. to help educate the public about a career in law enforcement.
○ W International in Goose Creek plans to hire 100+ workers in the coming months to help build parts for the U.S. Navy’s nuclear submarine program. See what positions they’re hiring for currently here.
○ Preferred Home Services in North Charleston is currently looking to hire an HVAC installer, HVAC service technician, plumbing technician, phone-based customer service rep, warehouse delivery driver, and residential HVAC sales rep. Sign on bonuses are offered with multiple positions. Details here.
○ The Daniel Island News is hiring a full-time general assignment reporter for a nine-week, grant funded contractor position. It is possible that the opportunity could result in permanent employment. More information here.
○ Kontane Logistics, Inc., a third-party warehousing and industrial packaging solutions company, is opening a new facility in Summerville (830 Drop Off Dr.), and plans to hire 30 new workers. Those interested in joining the team should contact the company via this link.
Looking for more employment resources? Check out our list of helpful links.
If you or a company you know is hiring, you can guarantee inclusion in our newsletter and on our website by submitting your open positions here. If you have additional questions about our jobs platform, you can learn more here or email us.