Drum roll, please... REI Mount Pleasant is hosting its grand opening celebration today through Sunday at 1720 Shoremeade Rd. in Mount Pleasant. Want to join in on the festivities? Here’s what’s in store:
- Giveaways: Once the store opens (9 a.m. today and tomorrow, and 10 a.m. Sunday), the retailer will be offering a giveaway with complimentary coffee from Charleston Coffee Roasters
- On-site brands: From 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., outdoor brands including Brooks Running, HOKA, and Hydro Flask will be at the celebration
- Designs for a cause: The Landmark Project will be offering a print design to benefit Lowcountry Land Trust
- Virtual reality: Outdoor equipment company Arc’teryx will be offering three VR Experiences
- Local partners: Meet representatives from Charleston Waterkeeper, South Carolina Aquarium, and Charleston Moves
- Book signing: Join Rue Mapp of Outdoor Afro for a signing of her new book, “Nature Swagger,” today at 1 p.m.