Table of Contents
Looking to meet your New Year’s resolution in Charleston? From starting a new sport to finding more family time, check out our local resolution recommendations below.
Cook more meals at home
- Zero George Cooking School, 0 George St. | Don’t miss this chef-led tutorial featuring a multi-course meal with wine pairings and practical application.
- In the Kitchen with Chef Bob Waggoner, 164 Market St. | Learn tips and techniques from local chef Bob Waggoner to help you build your confidence in the kitchen.
- MUSC Urban Farm, 29 Bee St. | Water, plant, and harvest crops to take home when you lend a hand during weekly volunteer opportunities.
Read more books
- Blue Bicycle Books, 420 King St. | This locally-owned store stocks “just about every new and used Charleston book ever written” so you can enjoy books by Lowcountry authors.
- Buxton Books, 160 King St. | Browse books at this independent bookstore and experience your favorite stories firsthand at upcoming events.
- Itinerant Literate, 4824 Chateau Ave., North Charleston | This unique Park Circle bookshop offers a diverse selection of brand-new books plus book signings, story time, and open mic nights.
Spend more quality time with family
- Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry, 25 Ann St. | Your little ones can explore environments and experiences that spark imagination with interactive exhibits like the art room and kids’ garden.
- South Carolina Aquarium, 100 Aquarium Wharf | Bring your crew to experience exhibits, events, education programs, and over 5,000 animals.
- Charleston County Parks, locations vary | Enjoy festivals, camps, classes, programs, and events at parks across the county.
Start a new sport
- Charleston Pickleball | Cover the basics of pickleball alongside certified coaches during intro courses.
- Charleston Adult Sports | Join soccer, softball, flag football, and ultimate frisbee teams in Charleston.
- Charleston Sports and Social Club | Sign up to play sports like kickball, softball, football, and volleyball.
Donate unused items
- Cougar Free Store, 207 Calhoun St. | Help reduce environmental impact by giving art and school supplies, electronics, and small home goods.
- East Cooper Community Outreach Clothing Closet, 1111 Bowman Rd., Mount Pleasant | This time of year, the closet needs plus-size seasonal women’s clothing, children’s clothing, and new packs of underwear and socks.
- Lowcountry Orphan Relief, 1850 Truxtun Ave., North Charleston | Drop off new and like-new items such as clothing, books, toiletries, and school supplies.