Craving something fresh in this heat? 🥵
We scoured menus and may or may not have done some taste tests (best job ever) to round up 15 of the freshest, healthiest + most summery dishes at restaurants in Nexton, Summerville’s planned community only 30 minutes from downtown Charleston. 🍍
15 dishes to try:
- Steak Salad from Poogan’s Southern Kitchen: A light entrée of butcher’s steak with romaine, portobello mushrooms, field peas, and cherry tomatoes. All the Southern flavor, none of the meat sweats.
- Grilled shrimp basket from Page’s Okra Grill: Big, perfectly grilled shrimp are a beautiful pairing to the fresh + flavorful slaw.
- Burger in a Bowl from Sportsbook: A specialty-blend burger topped with romaine, feta, cucumbers, red onions, and tomatoes. Bud Light on the side. Yum.
- Taco Boy Salad from Taco Boy: So good they put their name on it. Mixed greens, fire-roasted bell pepper, roasted corn, salsa, and avocado. Top it with a protein of your choice. #ProTip: We suggest the seared tuna.
- Greek salad + a slice at D’Allesandro’s Pizza: Take advantage of the summer’s fresh veggies with the Greek or Caprese salad, leaving enough room for a slice or two of your friends’ Amy vegan pizza or the Nicky Spicy.
- World-famous fish and chips from The CodFather (coming soon): Make it a half-order for lunch with a side of mushy peas. Yes, mushy peas — trust us on this one.
- Poke Bowl from Fuji Sushi: Choose between salmon, tuna, or yellowtail mixed with edamame, mango, seaweed salad, and avocado on a bed of greens.
- BkedShop Donuts: If you’re craving something sweet that’s still a bit on the lighter side, go for a vegan donut.
- Frozen yogurt from Ever Creamery: Also a great choice for your sweet tooth.
- Steamed shrimp with broccoli from Wok N’ Roll: Basic, delicious, nutritious.
- Oatmeal power bowl from Vicious Biscuit: Yes, the purveyor of biscuits does have great healthy options — including keto bowls + egg white omelets.
- New York Butcher Shoppe (coming soon): Pick up some fresh fish or meat to grill at home or a prepared salad, sandwich, or entrée, along with some fresh veggies.
- Stella’s Greek Salad from Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar: Chicken breast served with tomato, red onion, kalamata olives, cucumbers, feta, radish, pepperoncini peppers, and chickpeas.
- Roasted Salmon Salad from Carolina Ale House: Go for the roasted salmon either as a salad or an entree. A local beer pairs perfectly.
- The Vegan Experience from Halls Chophouse: You won’t find this on the menu, but it’s a veggie-centric plate of Halls’ finest that might sway you.
#ProTip: Make it a full night out. Grab a blanket, a friend, a couple of these dishes to-go and hit up Nexton’s free Sounds of Summer concert series, hosted the first Friday of every month at Nexton Square. The next concert is July 2, 5-9 p.m. ft. Dan Riley and the Marvelous Misfits. Ⓟ